Friday, December 02, 2005

No Picture With Santa This Year : (

Well, it looked promising at first. The girls and I were waiting with some friends for Santa to arrive at the little Santa Village in Green Hills Mall. When Sydney spotted him about 20 ft. away, she got so excited and ran all the way to him and hugged him. He knelt down and it looked like she was having a conversation with him (perhaps telling him she wanted some princess dress-up clothes.) At this point, I was thrilled with the idea that getting some pictures of her with Santa was going to be a breeze. (I didn't have much hope for Sarah, though.) So, when he sat down in his chair and it was time for the picture, Sydney went right over to him, climbed in his lap and leaned in and hugged him some more. My next move was the big mistake. Things were looking so good that I actually tried to put Sarah on Santa's other knee. Naturally, she freaked-out and started crying. I immediately picked her back up so I could at least get Sydney's picture with him. Upon seeing Sarah's distress, Sydney decided Sarah must know something she doesn't. So, Sydney starts crying hysterically while Santa tries to console her with a candy cane, to no avail (although, she still accepted the candy cane.) I'm so disappointed! After getting such a great shot of the two of them with Santa last year, I had hoped I'd be able to continue to get a Santa picture every year! Guess we'll just have to skip a year. Who knows, though, I may never get a Santa picture again!

1 Comments:

Blogger Paige said...

Ugh, we haven't tried yet and I'm afraid that neither of mine will approve. Heck, we can't even get regular pictures made. I can probably forget adding a man in a red suit to the mix. Sorry the girls didn't cooperate.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home