Friday, December 02, 2005

My Little Swiper

Sydney and Sarah like to visit Happy Tails at the Factory in Franklin. This is a pet adoption center (mostly cats) where the girls like to hang out and play with all the cats and kittens. Before leaving the Factory yesterday, we stopped in a children's clothing shop while I looked for some Christmas pjs. The girls were playing with all the little trinkets, toys and such that were on shelves within reach of very small children (big mistake!) When we got home and Sydney climbed out of the car she said, "Look at my pretty necklace, Mom!" She was proudly pointing to this necklace she was wearing around her neck. I asked her where she got it and she happily said "The Factory." This was actually not hard to believe. She has no concept of paying for things in stores. I explained to her that she's not supposed to just take things from stores but, she's still too young to grasp that whole concept so I just left it at that. When Les came home a little while later, Sydney immediately said, "Look at my pretty necklace, Dad. It's very pretty." He, too, asked her where she got it and she replied, "The Factory." So, we'll go back to the shop this afternoon and return the $2 necklace all the while I'll be explaining to Sydney that what she did was wrong. However, I still think she's too young to learn a lesson from this, yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paige said...

Oh no! How did the people at the store react when you took it back?

You are probably right about Sydney being too young to really understand, but it still has to be done.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home