Sunday, December 31, 2006


Another Year Goes Whizzing By In A Blur

I caught sight of a picture of Sydney from last July 4th and was shocked at how much younger she looked then. Her face was rounder and much more "innocent-looking." Speaking of innocence lost, Sarah has become quite the little vixen these days. She has such a "Don't mess with me, or else..." attitude about her. Other times, though, she can be oh, so very sweet and soft spoken.

Sydney's been testing the waters, lately, seeing what she can get away with. I wonder if she's been picking up some bad behavior from friends at preschool. Whatever it is, I hope it passes soon. She's got a great personality, though, and is so outgoing. She still makes me laugh everyday. While getting dressed for the Christmas Eve church service, Sydney suggested wearing her Hello Kitty sneakers with her smocked Christmas dress. I told her those shoes weren't "dressy" enough. I guess I've never used the term "dressy" around her because she replied, "Oh, are they too shirty?"

Sarah is still very obsessed with wearing this little ballet skirt every moment she's at home. She also insists on wearing it with no other clothes. When she would ask me to take all her clothes off so she could put on the ballet skirt, I would tell her she might get cold. Now, she just says, "Mommy, I want to be cold and take my cwoze (clothes) off and put on my bow-way (ballet) skirt." What's funny is that she's never been to a ballet class or even watched Sydney in her dance class, but she dances around the house everyday and some of her moves actually look pretty close to being right. On the other hand, Sydney, who is IN a dance class, never mentions ballet at home, much less even do any dancing at home. I gotta find a good dance class for Sarah when she turns 3 in the Spring.

Milla, our dog, is now a full-time house dog. Sarah just LOVES having Milla in the house. She worries the poor dog to death. But, I noticed the other night, that Milla was sleeping outside of Sarah's bedroom door. And, yesterday, after we had been gone most of the afternoon, when we got home I noticed Milla was laying on "the ballet skirt" as if she needed something of Sarah's close by her.

We enjoyed a nice, low-key Christmas Eve and Day. The present-opening was a flurry of chaos and lasted all of about 10 minutes. Sydney got the Superman Doll that she had asked for and Sarah got the ballet DVD she wanted. So, everyone was happy. Sydney was quick to see if Santa ate the cookies and drank the egg nog we left for him. She's finally pieced together the Santa theory. I think Sarah may well understand it, too.

Pre-school is still out til next week. The girls and I are heading to Chattanooga tomorrow for an overnight trip to visit the Aquarium and Discovery Museum. They love that kind of thing. One of Syd's favorite places in Nashville to hang out is the Adventure Science Museum or, as she calls it, the Benture Muzience Zimm. I bought a family membership while we were there today now that I realize we'll be spending more and more time there.

All the best to everyone. My New Year's Resolution HAS to be a promise to update my blog MUCH more often. I'll try!
See more pics at www.thepewitts.shutterfly.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home