Wednesday, December 07, 2005


Is It Christmas Yet?

It's only December 7th and already I feel like Christmas should be over by now. We've been to two holiday parties, we've seen Santa three times now (from a distance) and the girls have even opened a couple of presents. And, while at the mall the other day, looking for christmas pjs for the girls, the sales lady in Dillards said it'd be hard to find any christmas pjs this close to Christmas. "This close to Christmas?! Today is only December 5th! Christmas is still 20 days away!" I'm suddenly realizing that the holidays now begin right after Halloween (or the prepartions for the holidays.) Is this new? Or, has it always been this way for people with children? Last Thursday (Dec. 1), even Toys R Us in Coolsprings actually had big signs on the front windows listing the games and toys that were now out of stock! I can only imagine how much harder it is when your children are beyond preschool years and begin asking for all those hugely popular games and such that require you to become part of that mob we all saw on the news storming into WalMart the day after Thanksgiving! UGH! I think I'll be a firm believer in on-line shopping regardless of the shipping costs.

Below are some pictures from the two Christmas parties we went to last weekend.














Believe it or not, this is the best out of 4 pictures I tried to take of all the kids at the MOMS club Christmas party!

















Sydney and Sarah just LOVE little Maddie Calvert. I have to say, I love her just as much. She's got to be one of the friendliest and most lovable babies I know.

















Sydney and Mack Calvert have a real love-hate relationship going on. They can't wait to see each other, but they have such a hard time sharing! We caught them rolling around and giggling under a pile of pull-ups they had dumped out in Mack's room.

















Sydney insisted on riding the train at the mall the other day. She asked if I would ride with her but I told her I was too big. I knew better than to put Sarah in the train. She would likely have a melt-down as soon as she realized the train was leaving without ME in it. Sydney didn't seem to mind that she'd just have to ride alone. As it turned out, another little girl rode with her. It was funny to watch the two of them just staring at each other during the whole ride. Neither of them even cracked a smile.

















This picture is my 4th and final attempt to get a good picture that's worthy of a Christmas card. Clearly this picture was not the winner. I'll have to settle for one of the poses I got while at the MOMS club party in front of the hostess's fireplace. I have big hopes for next year, though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home