Tuesday, December 20, 2005

WORTH THE WAIT

In an earlier blog post, I mentioned how Sydney suddenly changed her feelings about Santa and decided NOT to get her picture made with him. I was fine with that and decided not to pursue it any further. This morning, however, she said, out of the blue, she wanted to go to the mall today and sit in Santa's lap. I had just planned to stay home today and work around the house. Instead, I decide to grant her wish and get her and Sarah dressed and drive to the mall. Of course, now there is a LONG line to see Santa. I ask her, "Are you SURE you want to sit in Santa's lap for a picture?" She assured me this is what she wants to do. So during our hour-long wait in line I just knew we'd finally get up there and she would immediately back out. I was prepared for this and was fine with it. She stuck to her guns, however, and jumped right up in his lap and gave him a big hug. That's the picture I chose to keep.

By the way, Sarah's not in the picture because I was sure she would fall apart and possibly cause Sydney to re-think her decision like she did when we tried this a few weeks ago.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paige said...

What a great picture!

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home